Selecting the best VPN for Binance: Complete Guide
Binance exchange has country restrictions, meaning not all the countries are allowed to use the website. Very often the restrictions are based on countries’ legislation: the exchange will not let you trade if cryptocurrency is illegal in your country. Using a VPN for accessing Binance is the only possible solution in this case.
PAY ATTENTION: This guide isn’t a recommendation! We just want to highlight all the pros and cons of this method. The final decision up to you.
What is a VPN and do you really need it?
VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a special tool that can help you to avoid any geo-specific IP blocks. It works as a middleman. It helps you to redirect all the requests from your IP address to the IP of another country and send requests from that IP.
The exchange will not be able to block you because it will not see your original IP address.
If you try to open Binance.com but the site doesn’t load or loading takes ages that means your IP address is most likely blocked and you will not be able to open the website without VPN.
FYI: Right now the Binance company develops a decentralized exchange called Binance DEX. It can’t block users because it’s on the blockchain. It may become a very good alternative for those who experience difficulties accessing the main website.
Do you need the VPN if your country isn’t blacklisted? No, if you don’t have any problems with accessing Binance, you don’t need to use extra services. There is no reason for this. Moreover, adding one more layer to your data transferring channel increases the chance of getting extra errors and bugs. It will also increase the latency.
Is it legal?
Many crypto enthusiasts ask if using a VPN for purchasing Bitcoins and another crypto is legal? The answer is: YES, it is. VPN is a legal technology itself and you can use it without any worries. BUT if cryptocurrency is restricted on the government level in your country and you want to buy some Bitcoins you are going to break the law... The cryptocurrency may be illegal in your country regardless of the technology you use to purchase it.
Can Binance catch me and ban my account?
The exchange doesn’t have any tools to identify your real location if you are using a good VPN. You may trade from the USA and pretend like you are located in Germany for example. The exchange will not be able to catch you. I have never seen any complaints.
What about data protection? Is it safe?
In my opinion, YES, it is safe, but only if you use a trusted VPN provider with data encryption. Untrusted service can steal your data and you may be in trouble.
But even if your password is stolen, nobody will be able to access your funds on Binance. The exchange provides high security for your data. It requests 2FA code every time you enter your account or make a withdrawal.
Trading with VPN has some disadvantages. They aren't too serious:
- You can use an unverified account only. If your country is blacklisted by Binance you will have to use an unverified account for trading. Yes, VPN protects your IP and allows to access the exchange. But you will not be able to pass the verification. Binance has deposit and withdrawal restrictions for unverified accounts. These limits are not easy to reach but anyway... If you are planning to trade huge amounts of cryptocurrency, you may reach the limits faster.
Selecting the Best VPN for Binance
There are a lot of free VPN services right now. The market is full of free offers but I don’t recommend using them. It’s much better to pay $10 a month and receive high quality and trusted service. Paid services offer better data protection just because it’s their business. They pay more attention to the security of your identity and the data you transfer. The price is usually not high at all.
The paid VPN I would like to recommend is PureVPN. I have been using this provider for quite a long time and it's one of the best services I have used.
- It works fast and it provides data encryption which is very important for all crypto traders.
- It provides DNS Leak Protection which prevents the internet provider from accessing the data you transfer.
- It works for all the major platforms including Windows, MAC, iOS and so on.
- The service is listed on TrustPilot with 8300 reviews! 85% of the reviews are 5 stars! This is a very good result compared to the competitors.
- You can pay for the service with a Credit card, PayPal, Alipay, PaymentWall, and BlueSnap.
- There is a 31-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied.
I recommend this provider simply because it’s one of the best. It's used by thousands of people all over the globe.